Tomorrow is lent… well not for everyone, but for everyone to enjoy is this shrimp casserole. Easy to make and quick, (my trademark!) it is nevertheless delicious and light.
Tapenade and sour cream are a pefect blend, spicy, but onctuous. Tatiana doesn’t like shrimp… well exept for this new recipe!
INGREDIENTS serves 3 to 4
- 3 cups of shrimps, frozen or fresh
- 1 green pepper minced
- 1 red pepper minced
- 1 orange or yellow pepper minced
- 1 cup of green beans (raw) cut in bite sizes
- 6 tablespoons of sour cream
- 5 tablespoons of Le Grand’s Spicy Tapenade
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Heat up the olive oil at medium heat and add the garlic and the peppers, cook for 10 minutes mixing often, make sure the heat is not too high
- Add the shrimps, if they are frozen just add them as is, if they are fresh you may want to add a little water, maybe 1/2 a cup to make sure that at this point you will “steam” this mixture rather then browning it, so cook gently for 8 to 10 minutes
- Add the green beans 2 or 3 minutes after the shrimps, I like these vegetables to still be green and a bit crunchy, but cook them to your liking. Keep in mind that they do cook quickly
- Add the Spicy Tapenade, the green onions and the sour cream, mix gently for a minute or 2, serve over rice and put some cajun music on!