Another pasta recipe? Why not! Pasta is fiber. Here it’s combined with grilled vegetables, so it’s fiber + fiber= Happiness!
Here I added Prosciutto and grilled chicken. Tatiana thought it was overkill… Not me! See what you think. You can even make it vegetarian. Wow! so many choices… Follow your heart!
- 1 zucchini cut lengthwise
- 8 oz (227g) mushrooms cut in 3
- 1 red pepper, quartered
- 1 yellow pepper, quartered
- Half a fennel bulb cut in 3 lengthwise
- 1 bunch green onions chopped finely
- Pasta of your choice ( Isola Fresh pasta if you can…)
- 1 lb (454) grilled chicken (see my recipe for grilled chicken) http://maisonlegrand.com/en/2009/02/09/how-to-grill-your-chicken-without-risks/
- 10 slices Prosciutto ham cut in small pieces
- 1 cup (250ml) cream, 35% , 18% or 10%
- 4 tbs (60ml) Le Grand’s Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Dried thyme, to taste
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Heat up the oven to 350F
- Place all the vegetables in a oven proof dish
- Toss with olive oil, thyme and sea salt
- Cook for 15-20 minutes
- Meanwhile cook the pasta
- When the vegetables are done let them cool a little then chop them finely
- In a pan heat up the green onion, chicken and proscuitto very gently at low heat, just so the green onions are steamed a little
- Add the grilled vegetables and heat up the casserole for 2 minutes
- In a little bowl mix the pesto and cream, stir into the casserole, you may add a little of the pasta cooking liquid to make it more sauce like.
- Top the pasta and harvest the compliments!